Inchie Arts, 3 of 8: Jill

This week in the Studio Elizabeth and I are both using a white ATC-size Art Square.  
studio sessions featuring inchie arts
Additional Inchie Arts Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
I went bold and bright with one of my new favorite Penny Black floral stamps, 4379K Poppy Parade.

I began by stamping my image on the Art Square using Ranger Archival Black ink.  I colored it with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils.  I also used my Gelatos to add aditional color and water splotches to the background.  Because the matboard Art Square surface is smooth, very similar to hot press watercolor paper, the watercolors really "float" and "dance" beautifully on top of the Art Square surface and the colors remain bold and vibrant.  
To create my background, I painted with Gelatos on watercolor paper.  I then adhered my die cut background, Penny Black 51-029 Interlocking.  The die was cut from white cardstock.  Once it was adhered to the background, I colored on top using Gelatos and blended with my fingertip.  I added an SRM sticker to my Art Square and a touch of ribbon and twine (May Arts) to finish things off.
I'm dying to see what Elizabeth has made with her white ATC-size Art Square... aren't you? :)