Feathers, Fur, Fins & More, 2 of 8: Elizabeth

It's all about those cute and adorable critters that make us go "Aww".


One of my favorite things about creating with paper is dimension.  
So when I saw Penny Black's new 3-D Animals I was excited beyond words!


I made this scene by incorporating several different dimensional ideas.

The layered greeting was created by sandwiching an open-faced box that I hand fabricated between two Polaroid die cuts.  The Polaroid for the back panel was cut without a window.  

Inside the open-faced box, Woodland Scene (some elements were eliminated after die cutting) was layered.

After the fox was assembled, he was hand colored and adhered to the far right edge.

A chat bubble stamped with a sentiment expresses happy wishes.

For easy reference, here is a list of Penny Black stamps, dies and papers that were used for this project:


Did you miss our first post of this series by Jill? 
Simply scroll down to see her amazing artwork.