Brushstroke Bliss, 2 of 8: Jill

Join us in the Studio as we play with Penny Black's new brushstroke stamps from their "Bliss" catalog.


Do you ever come across a card layout that you just can't get enough of? That happened to me as I was getting inky with Penny Black's newest brushstroke stamps. I began by first stamping all of the beautiful flowers onto 5 x 7 pieces of hot press watercolor paper.  I inked my stamps using Tombow Dual Brush Pens, and using my MISTI stamp positioning tool, I added color one layer at a time, blending with water in between layers for a watercolor effect.  Once I was finished, I thought, what am I going to do with all of these beautiful flowers?! Heehee! So I then masked off the perimeter of my cards using painter's tape and added Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs Distress ink to the inside using an ink blending tool and foam pad.  Before removing the painter's tape, I added subtle background stamping.  I then removed the painter's tape and added die cut sentiments to finish off the cards.

Watch this technique come to life in THIS video.
Today's card features the following Penny Black stamps and dies: 40-536 First Waltz, 51-335 Best Day, 30-238 Footnotes.