Pretty Packaging I: Jill's Inspiration

Pretty packaging is everywhere.  Clothing, food, jewelry and more all come wrapped in colorful designs that attract the eye.  They're also a great source of ideas.  Follow along with us as we show how packaging concepts inspire our artwork.

Pinterest Photo Link Here
When I first saw this design, I was immediately drawn to the bright colors against the white background along with the bold white on black text.  I combined all three colors onto one card by painting my stamped flowers with Shimmerz Aqua Huez (non-shimmering watercolors) in the colors of Hottie Pink, Purplicious, Leapin' Lizard, Sea Weed, Pot-O-Gold, Chesternut, Gray Matter, and Carrots.
To create the dark square "text box" I used black cardstock and layered on the simple die cut "hi."
And here's a look at the final card design...
All stamps and dies by Penny Black: 30-346 Perfect Pairing, 51-224 Love to Travel, 30-283 Snippets

Stay tuned as we have more pretty packaging inspiration here in the STUDIO...