I'm loving our latest Dual Brush Pen technique-- wet and wild!
Additional Tombow Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
For my interpretation of wet and wild, I went with loads of layers, water, and color on a white Inchie Arts ATC-size Art Square.
So let's get wet and wild; eh? :)
Note: The Tombow pens and Inchie Arts Art Square were a perfect match as I could add lots of layers of ink and water and stamping on the matboard square without warping or deterioration of the Art Square surface.
1. Color with Tombow Dual Brush Pens onto a large acrylic block. Mist with water and press Art Square into ink. Dry Art Square and repeat this step until desired effect is achieved.
2. Color directly onto stamps (Penny Black 3860J Pointille and 40-204 Fleur De Lys) with Tombow Dual Brush Pens, coordinating colors to background inking, lightly mist stamps with water, and stamp onto Art Square.
3. Stamp Penny Black 1999L Letter Background randomly onto Art Square background, inking stamp by coloring directly onto stamp using black Tombow pen.
4. Stamp butterfly (Penny Black 30-116 Social Butterfly) and cut out. Cut butterfly in half so it can be positioned behind heart.
5. Color directly onto heart stamp (Penny Black 30-004 Heart Swatches) using Tombow pen and stamp onto white cardstock. Once dry, color in heart foliage using Tombow pen, coloring directly over the entire heart. Cut out heart.
6. Adhere butterfly wings, heart, and sentiment onto Art Square.
7. Outline images with black Tombow pen then add water using a small paintbrush to blend. Use the fine tip end of the black Tombow pen to add small dots.
I'm sure I will definitely be using my Tombow markers and Inchie Arts Art Squares together in the future! I think both products liked getting wet and wild. LOL