Chalkboard Effects: 2 of 4

It's amazing how one image can be seen by each artist in a totally different way. Today in the Studio we are having fun seeing how we each interpret our creative vision with the same stamp.




When I first saw Penny Black's Chalkboard Birthday, the first thing that popped into my mind was the color turquoise.
Using that for my inspiration, I stamped Chalkboard Birthday in Turquoise VersaColor on white cardstock.  For a contrasting element, the image was stamped  a second time in Onyx Black VersaFine and the small banner was trimmed and paper pieced to the original design.  Extra depth was created by placing a small foam dot in the center of the banner while the ends were glued directly to the image.

The card base was constructed from Grand Canyon cardstock with elevated panels adorned with Penny Black's Creative Die called Pennant.

[Supplies: Penny Black Chalkboard Birthday 40-317, Creative Dies Pennant 51-032, Mix & Match Cardstock Grand Canyon 03-001, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Turquoise VersaColor]





I love that with this image by Penny Black (40-317 Chalkboard Birthday) it is easy to create a trendy chalkboard look. I inked the stamp with Memento Luxe ink the color of Tuxedo Black and stamped onto white cardstock. I next cut out the image and distressed the edges a bit.  Finally, I swooshed on a bit of Memento Luxe ink in the color of Wedding Dress using my finger for an extra "dusty" look.  My background was created by stamping Penny Black Puzzle Parts onto yellow cardstock using Saffron Ranger Archival ink.  The butterflies, Penny Black 30-217 Belle Fleurs, were colored using ShinHan Art Touch Twin markers.  Finally, I added a die cut (Penny Black 51-014 Nature's Song), colored with ShinHan Art Touch Twin markers, for a little something extra behind the chalkboard image.
For today's chalkboard effects, we used Penny Black's...
Chalkboard Birthday (40-317)