Deep pools of aquamarine, ruby red and citrus orange (just to mention a few) are being splashed around the Studio. Come jump in with us and get inky as we explore the wonderful palette of Sakura Koi Watercolors.
For more information about the Sakura Koi Water Color
Field Sketch Travel Kit click "here".
Today I'm combining dies with watercolor...definitely a technique I will be trying again soon!
How about a step-by-step?
1. Die cut Penny Black 51-131 Harmonious three times from Neenah Solar White Cardstock.
2. Adhere all three layers together using Tombow Mono Liquid Adhesive.
3. Adhere thick die cut piece to Canson 140 Lb. watercolor paper.
4. Paint directly onto watercolor paper and die cut. Add additional layers of paint to darken die cut outlines. TIP: Use a small brush for small areas like the thin stems. (Oh, and don't forget those splatters. :) )
5. Stamp sentiment, Penny Black 30-283 Snippets, onto circle using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Distress Edges with VersaMagic Wheat ink and Ranger Archival Tree Branch ink. Adhere to card with dimensional adhesive.
6. Embellish with May Arts Twine.
7. Adhere watercolor panel to notecard using dimensional adhesive.
Thanks for joining us over the last couple of weeks as we painted up a storm here in the STUDIO. We hope you were inspired to grab your favorite watercolors, stamps, and dies!