Gelli Plate Technique 4, Project Reveal: Elizabeth

Join us over the next few weeks as we explore making colorful prints using a Gelli Arts Gelli Plate.  We've even slid our art tables side-by-side and took pictures for you each step along the way!  Not only that, the fun continues as we share our “reveal” posts showing how our individual prints were transformed into creative projects. 

Additional Gelli Arts Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
Painterly technique inspiration found HERE

Click "here" to see a step-by-step tutorial of how I created my print for the Gelli Plate "painterly" technique. 

Which was then transformed into this mini card.
I loved how this print turned out.  I call it my mini Georgia O'Keeffe. 

Penny Black's Promise Me is the star of this design.  In this close up you can see I added some detailing with a black Micron pen and shading with Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White.

Lost Without You (Penny Black) was stamped in Onyx Black VersaFine on a die cut banner (Triple Banner) edged in Peanut Brittle Memento.  This piece was then elevated above the bottom portion of the card base which is covered with Penny Black's Scroll White embossed paper.

I found it very helpful doing this warm-up exercise with the Gelli Plate before I started painting to get a feel for how the paints moved across the plate.

I mixed acrylic paints with open acrylic gel (to extend the drying time) and applied them randomly with my fingertip to the Gelli Plate.  Then I rolled my brayer across the colors once, applied my paper and pulled my print.

Multiple thanks (part of Penny Black's Foliage Fancy set) stamped in Onyx Black VersaFine completed this tiny note of gratitude.

Thank you for joining us in the Studio over the past few weeks as we shared our side-by-side Gelli Plate tutorials and our print transformations!  

To take a look back at all four techniques and our finished projects click "here".

[Supplies: Gelli Arts: Gelli Plate; Penny Black: Promise Me 4384K, Lost Without You 30-248, Triple Banner 51-027, Foliage Fancy 30-138, Scroll White Paper EP401; Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Onyx Black VersaFine, Peanut Brittle Memento, Sponge Dauber, Clear Embossing Powder; Golden: Open Acrylic Gel; Acrylic Paints: Pale Blue, Yellow Deep, Orange, Permanent Red, Bright Green, Olive Green, White; Faber-Castell: Cobalt Turquoise Stamper’s Big Brush Pen; Sakura: Black Micron Pen]