Dr. Ph. Martin's, 1 of 8: Jill

The watercolor trend has found it's way into the Studio!  Join us over the next four weeks as we ink up our paintbrushes (and fingers!) with Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus Fine Art Watercolors. 
Additional Dr. Ph. Martin's Inspiration on their FACEBOOK PAGE
I LOVED working with these BOLD and bright watercolors.  And to begin, I decided to do simple stamping and painting on both of my cards.
To create this card, I stamped my image (Penny Black 40-320 Charming) onto watercolor paper  using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I created my own palette of watercolors on a large acrylic block.  I could mix colors on this block, too.  When adding the paint to my image, I first painted clean water onto the area I wanted to color and then added the paints, allowing the layer of water to do the blending.  I also used this same painting technique to paint the background/sky. I really love the loose, artsy look it achieves.  And the Dr. PH Hyrus Watercolor stayed uber-vibrant when painting in this manner.
This card was created using the same techniques, although this time I used another favorite stamped image, Penny Black 40-323 Poppy Time.  I finished both cards by stamping my sentiments (Penny Black 30-244 Let's Chat) with VersaMark ink and heat embossing with white powder.  Finally, I added the watercolor panels to white notecards using dimensional adhesive.

Thanks for poppy-ing by today...stay tuned to see what Elizabeth does with these happy paints. I can't wait!