Radiant Neon, 2 of 8: Jill

Put on those sunglasses...as we dream of the bright sun and warm temps of summer, we're going bold and bright in the Studio with Tsukineko's Radiant Neon Inks.  Join us over the next several weeks as we share eight projects featuring these incredible inks with fun techniques and happy color combos!

Additional Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Inspiration on their FACEBOOK PAGE

Can I let you in on a little secret, my friends? As much as I love color, neon was a little scary for me. LOL  So to begin, I decided to create a card that was mostly neutral with just a pop of neon.
The Radiant Neon inks worked perfectly to color my feather die cuts (Penny Black Creative Die 51-039 Feather and Frames).  I simply pressed the ink pads directly to the feathers and used my fingertip to blend where the two colors met in the middle.  The colors blended beautifully.  For each feather I paired two colors--Electric Orange and Electric Yellow, Electric Blue and Electric Green, Electric Coral and Electric Pink.  To create my neutral "backdrop" I stamped Penny Black 40-277 Garden Letter in Memento Gray Flannel ink. I also die cut Penny Black Creative Die 51-042 Petals from vellum and layered it onto grey cardstock.