Same Stamp Challenge: In Paris with Jill

One stamp, one Studio, two designers, two cards... what will two friends create when they both reach for the beautiful Penny Black stamp, 40-609 In Paris?


I love a stamp that is truly unique and for me, In Paris, fits the bill.
To create my card, I used a stamp positioning tool (MISTI by My Sweet Petunia) and stamped onto Fabriano 140 Lb. Hot Press watercolor paper. I inked my stamp with a mix of Memento Markers and Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  Once stamped, I blended some of the stamping on the paper using a paintbrush and water.  I also added shading and accentuated the umbrellas, figures, and shadows using colored pencils. A light layer of sponging with Broken China Distress Ink was added to the sky as well as a touch of stamping with Penny Black's Posted with Love transparent set.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment (Penny Black Smile Today!) and added a frame cut from Penny Black's Antique Frames die set.  The frame was inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink using an ink blending tool and a foam pad.  

Thanks for stopping by... and traveling to Paris with us! ;)