Sunshine and Flowers, 3 of 4: Elizabeth

Whether on paper or outside our window... we're celebrating Sunshine and Flowers here in the Studio.

A mistake gone right!  
Yes, that is correct.  When I first started this tiny mixed media piece everything quickly went from good to bad.  I was just about to start over when I thought I had nothing to lose by continuing to experiment.  As it turns out, it is one of my favorite pieces and a wonderful learning experience.

I soon discovered that all the yucky parts I didn't like which were eventually covered by colorful layers of paint, gesso and watercolor are what gave it such intense vibrancy and depth.

Flower Gala 40-437, Sentiment Collection 30-350
The great structural foundation for all that liquid loveliness is an Inchie Arts Art Square.  I was amazed that after multiple applications of gesso, paper text, matte gel, watercolors, acrylic paint, pastel pencils and a final coat of Krylon Clear Acrylic Coating, the Art Square didn't warp.  The piece looked like a tiny ceramic tile and was easily adhered to the card with double-sided tape.

You can find more Inchie Arts inspiration and projects on their BLOG and FACEBOOK page. 

There is beauty in everything.  
Sometimes is just takes a few more layers to uncover it. :0)