TWO Favorites; 3 of 3: Jill and Elizabeth

What's in the STUDIO this week? Two of our favorite things... Penny Black and Inchie Arts!

 We're both cooking up some artsy fun today.  AND in addition to Penny Black and Inchie Arts, we're also using beautiful new colors from Pan Pastel including Pearl Mediums (white fine, white coarse, black fine, black coarse), the Colorless Blender, and stunning Pearlescent (Violet, Orange, Red, Blue, and Green). 
For additional Pan Pastel information, be sure to visit their Website and Facebook page.

For my project I used 2 white ATC-sized Art Squares.  I applied Pan Pastels to the squares using Sofft sponges, creating a look of a sunset.  
Onto one of the Art Squares, I stamped branches (Penny Black 30-251 Nature's Gifts) using StazOn Ganauche ink.
 For the second ATC Art Square, I trimmed it into two pieces. On the larger of the two pieces, I stamped my sentiment (Penny Black 30-257 Joy Filled) using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I adhered this piece below the panel with the branches and the smaller piece was adhered above the panel with the branches.
I embellished my card using Penny Black's Creative Die, 51-066 Crystal Trio.  Each snowflake was colored with Pan Pastels. I adhered the two larger snowflakes with dimensional adhesive and added a self-adhesive pearl to all three. A light coating of Krylon Matte Fixative Spray sealed all of the elements.  Once again, I love that I can use so many mediums with my Art Squares. 


For my project, I trimmed a 4" white Art Square into tag shapes. 



Using a large Sofft Art Sponge, the front of the tag was covered with Pan Pastel Colorless Blender and then Penny Black's Verdant stencil was secured on top using painter's tape.  Pearlescent Orange and Pearlescent Red Pan Pastels were applied to the flowers with a small Sofft Cover sponge.  I opted to hold the sponge rather than attach it to the applicator so I could have a little more control in the tiny areas.  The leaves were colored in Pearlescent Green and Permanent Green.  The soft background is Diarylide Yellow and Turquoise that were blended with a combination of Pearlescent Orange, Pearlescent Blue and White Fine Pearl Medium.

After the sentiment from Penny Black's Truly Great set (or Wishes in the second sample) was stamped in Onyx Black VersaFine, the piece was sprayed with Krylon Matte Acrylic Coating and then coated with Faber-Castell's gel medium.

Pearl gems, crystal rhinestones and May Arts ribbons accent the pieces.